tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steph Richardson" <st...@kvasar.com>
Subject RE: Jasper, JSPC, Ant and Precompiling JSP's
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:05:58 GMT

That is EXACTLY what I am trying to do today. I've tooled around in the ant code, and it seems
this is more of a jasper issue than
an ant one, because ant passes a long list of files to jasper, with the unwanted pathnames
that end up as part of your package name.

I'm pretty sure if you used something like <foreach> to iterate through the same fileset
that is being created in the jspc task, and
called jspc for each directory individually, and used the package="org.apache.jsp" attribute,
then this would work - because then
jasper wouldn't know about you're own subdirectory. But this seems ugly so I haven't actually
done it yet.

You can use the webapp element inside jspc, but then jasper doesn't know about your <exclude>
and so tries to compile some
fragment.jsp type include files, that are not really full jsp files, and so it crashes on
those ( this is my current problem ). But
if all your included files are called .inc rather than .jsp then this may work.
<jspc
       destdir="${webapp.workdir}"
       failonerror="false"
       classpathref="jspPreCompile.classpath"
       package="org.apache.jsp"
       compiler="jasper41">
	 <webapp basedir="${webapp.path}"/>
     <exclude name="**/WEB-INF/**"/>
     <exclude name="include/**"/>
</jspc>

So now I'm trying to make an ant step or task to replace the first line of every generated
_jsp.java file with the correct package
name, between generating them and compiling them.
Plz met me know if you have something better.

Regards,

Steph

PS - if you're from the same HMDC i know, I suspect the site you are trying to pre-compile,
is one I wrote last summer.