tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pike <p...@kw.nl>
Subject Re: tomcat as a proxy
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:28:47 GMT
Hi

>>> Httpclient should work fine.
>> ehm .. which one ? the apache/commons ?
> oops ... Jakarta Httpclient.

ok. but it's too restricted, it only supports some basic methods
	http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/methods.html
I think I'll go with ballarke
	http://www.geocities.com/ballarke/Projects/HttpClient/

 >So you will
> - intercept the incoming request.
> - depending on the request, ask another server for data.
> - Mangle the other server data
> - feed back to client.
yep :-)

> This sounds like reinventing the wheel since there is XML-RPC or SOAP.
> (See apache axis project for more info)
? but ... I suppose the remote server should support that, then ?
I was planning to 'proxy' to plain web(dav)services.

but I think I'm right on track now

(hmm .. how a about a HttpRemoteRequestDispatcher class ... hmm...)

thanks,
*-pike
=======
+ give luck a chance