tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kal Govindu" <K...@waterfield.com>
Subject RE: tomcat shutdown
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:26:19 GMT
As far as I know, there are to different kinds of ports that need to be
changed to run two instances of Tomcat.

1. Connector Port : usually 8080 or 80 - Can be changed to 8080 (First
tomcat) and 8081 ( second Tomcat ).
2. Server Port: Usually 8005 - can be changed to 8005 (First Tomcat) and
8006 (Second Tomcat).

And, I think you will have to manually stop the processes that are
currently running.
Hope this helps.
Kal

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Daly [mailto:C.daly@cancer.org.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 10:05 AM
To: mailto:@magic.lif.icnet.uk
Subject: tomcat shutdown

hi

i have two instances of tomcat runnign as a stand olone but on different

ports - i can neither stop nor start either tomcat as all that i'm
getting is

Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
         at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:831)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:683)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

how do i stop the service  ?  i'm trying to use bin/shutdown.sh but its
not
working.

i have two instances of tomcat runnign as a stand olone but on different
ports

cheers

chris