tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Does Tomcat trim sessions when it runs out of memory?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:19:56 GMT

Howdy,
No, it doesn't get rid of sessions (it's not allowed to according to the
spec).  In fact, tomcat doesn't try to detect when it's "running out of
memory" and doesn't do anything about it: if you don't have enough
memory, tomcat will go into an undefined state (or just die) with an
OutOfMemoryError.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

http://newsletter.JAMMConsulting.com