tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: That ever-popular 'wrong version:46, expected 45' message
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:38:39 GMT

Howdy,

>in fact, it is the only version of Java on this
>paritcular machine.  Has anyone ever made a list of exactly which
versions
>of the Tomcat serlet.jar are compatible with whichversions of Java?  Is
>there
>even documentation that describes which versions of javac the mystical
>version numbers '46' and ' 45 refer to?

I think it's roughly:
46 - JDK 1.2.2
47 - JDK 1.3.0
48 - JDK 1.4.0

You can use BCEL (http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/) to confirm/correct
the above (I'm only about 50% sure of the above) if you'd like.

This error comes up when you're trying to run classes compiled in a
newer JVM than the one you're running.  If you compile the classes
yourself on this machine and there's only one JVM on this machine, I'm
stumped ;)  If neither of those is true, make sure your only JVM on this
machine is the latest JVM possible.

Yoav Shapira