tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: server.xml
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:45:01 GMT

Howdy,

>     Which values must I change in server.xml-file to improve the
nummer
>of users?

You would typically remove everything you don't need, and raise min and
maxProcessors on your connector to be as high as your hardware/OS
supports.

>Which are the highest values for all the parameters in
>server.xml (max. nummer of user)?

Technically, the JDK's Integer.MAX_VALUE or Long.MAX_VALUE is the
highest value for attributes for most elements in server.xml.  However,
you probably don't want to raise them that high ;)

The max number of users your app can handle is highly dependent on your
app, your OS, your hardware, your confiruation.  There are many
variables.  You have to keep load-testing and tuning until you reach an
optimal solution.  This has been discussed on this list many times:
search the archives.

Yoav Shapira