tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tracking active sessions
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:24:25 GMT

Howdy,

>I am looking for a way to track which/how many sessions are open.
Generally

The SessionListener approach to this has been discussed several times on
this list and should work fine.

>it seems to work with a HttpSessionListener, but the Listener is not
>notified again if the server restarts and still
>has any opened sessions.

Does this matter?  The sessions are still open is the server restarts
before they time out.

>Anyone knows how to deal with that problem? Or is the only chance to
look

If you don't like the above behavior, you can have the session listener
also be a ServletContextListener and clean its map on context shutdown.

Yoav Shapira