tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: XP "random" tomcat crashes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:34:04 GMT

Howdy,
I would only offer the usual advice:
- Get the latest stable JDK (1.4.2)
- Get all the patches for your OS
- Get the latest stable tomcat (4.1.27)
- Start the VM with no switches and observe behavior, i.e. stick to
default client mode

Personally, I had problems with 1.4.1 in server mode on solaris that all
went away (without significant performance degradation) when I stopped
using the -server switch.  YMMV.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics