tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Many java-processes left after shutdown.sh
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:18:26 GMT

Howdy,

>when I stop tomcat using shutdown.sh there are still many
tomcat-processes
>running in linux. Is this normal or do I have a configuration problem
>(contexts are not closed properly)?
>I use a connection pool to a Mysql-database in my application
>(BasicDatasourceFactory). Do I have to close these connections somehow
>manually?

There are non-daemon background threads for MySQL.  Ensure proper
shutdown of the connection pool/driver.  Use CTRL-Break to see what
threads are doing in the JVM.  Search the archives for this list as this
question has come up and been answered a few times, including two weeks
ago.

Yoav Shapira