tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Configuration Error?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:10:45 GMT

Howdy,

>But do I have to import my own classes? If so what is the purpose of
>having the Bean code separated from the JSP code?

Yes, you have to import your classes so the JVM knows what classes
you're using.

The point of separation is two-fold (probably more):
- Other components can use the Bean separately without knowing anything
about your JSP page
- The bean and the JSP can be developed (and packaged/deployed)
independently, as long as the interfaces are well-defined.

Yoav Shapira