tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Overriding server.xml
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:01:30 GMT

Howdy,

>Thanks Yoav.  With that being said, is there anything I need to do in
my
>web.xml file to tell it to use context.xml instead of the server
><context>?

No, tomcat reads that as if it were in server.xml.  The in-memory
representation is identical.

>And also, is this information in the online tomcat docs
>anywhere?  Cause I can't find it.

Automatic Application Deployment is described here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Automat
ic%20Application%20Deployment

I think the ability to put context.xml in the WAR file is described in
the release notes of 4.1.24 and later, but I'm not sure.  I should
probably add this information to the above page anyhow.

Yoav Shapira