tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Tomcat in a high load environment
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:45:08 GMT

Howdy,
Even if your loathe to do it, a profiler is invaluable as long as the
profiled environment (your dev/test env) is close enough to production
to be meaningful.  You should profile, and run stress tests, on hardware
and software that's as similar as possible to production, before going
live.

FWIW, 30 requests/sec is not an extremely high load: most of our apps
routinely handle several times that load on standalone tomcat 4.1.24
(and starting at 12:01 tonight, 4.1.27 ;))

Have you tried running without the IIS front-end?  It could be worth a
shot.  Tomcat can handle the static files as well.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

We