tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roy Smith <...@panix.com>
Subject Can't find startup scripts after installing Linux RPM
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:05:01 GMT
I'm running RedHat 8.0.  Following the instructions in "Tomcat: The
Definitive Guide", I downloaded and installed
tomcat4-4.1.24-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm.

Under "Starting Up and Shutting Down" (page 13), the book says I should
be able to find startup scripts in "the bin subdirectory", by which I
assume they mean /var/tomcat4/bin/.  However, in that directory, all I
see are:

bootstrap.jar
commons-daemon.jar
tomcat-jni.jar

In fact, I don't see the catalina.sh startup script anywhere:

[root@bonkers tomcat4]# find / -name '*catalina*' -print
/var/tomcat4/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar
/var/tomcat4/server/lib/catalina.jar
/var/tomcat4/webapps/tomcat-docs/catalina
/var/tomcat4/webapps/tomcat-docs/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina
/etc/tomcat4/catalina.policy

What am I doing wrong?