tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "WATKIN-JONES,ADAM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1)" <adam_watkin-jo...@hp.com>
Subject RE: security hole on windows tomcat?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:08:39 GMT
fwiw,

windows server 2003 standard edition
j2sdk 1.4.2
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14 zip (not exe)

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp%20 problem appeared in
opera 7.11
viewed page in ie 6 and got 404
subsequently got 404 in opera
flicked around other samples in opera and saw similar behaviour
went back to numguess and code was back again, despite hitting refresh!

[e.g. http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/xml/xml.jsp%20

String getDateTimeStr(Locale l) { DateFormat df =
SimpleDateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.MEDIUM, DateFormat.MEDIUM,
l); return df.format(new Date()); } Example JSP in XML format This is the
output of a simple JSP using XML format. Use a jsp:scriptlet to loop from 1
to 10: // Note we need to declare CDATA because we don't escape the less
than symbol for (int i = 1; i<=10; i++) { out.println(i); if (i < 10) {
out.println(", "); } } <br><br> Use a jsp:expression to write the date and
time in the browser's locale: getDateTimeStr(request.getLocale())

This sentence is enclosed in a jsp:text element.

which subsequently became a 404]

so, for me, the browser appeared to have something to do with it