tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.24 behind a proxy
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:54:04 GMT
Hello Ken,

That's exactly what I'm trying to do with Cocoon!

No, I didn't change my JDK. My version is 1.3.1_05.

If you have an environment variable like CATALINA_OPTS, I think this is a Tomcat setting,
Maybe Tomcat has changed the method to define the proxy??

If this is a common problem, the solution should be known.
Have you an idea what to change (in JVM settings or other)?

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Ken Rachynski []
Date: jeudi, 7. août 2003 04:36
À: Tomcat Users List
Objet: Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 behind a proxy

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 07:59:09AM -0400, Tim Funk wrote:
> So the webserver is making HTTP Requests (as well as receiving them)?
> In that case, it sounds like an application error. How is your webapp
> making HTTP requests? (Venturing into off-topic mode)

That's fairly common with portals.  Cocoon has an example web-scraping
application that connects to sites like Slashdot and retrieves
information for redisplay within a local page.

Ken Rachynski <>  []
Fingerprint: 74BF 0307 A067 D5E0 81CF  5DF7 CD9C 293D B6EE DE6F

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message