tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where to put js scripts on tomcat server...
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:35:57 GMT

It will be relative to the directory you see in your browser.  For
instance, if you have this...

http://localhost:8080/mycontext/mypage.jsp

The .jsp file below would be loaded from the root of /mycontext just like
mypage.jsp is.  The URL to it would be...

http://localhost:8080/mycontext/filename.js

Keep in mind that the <script> source path has nothing to do with servlet
mappings and such.  It is resolved by the browser.  This means it
definitely cannot be under WEB-INF since that is not directly accessible
via a browser.  It is a server-side concept so only server-side code has
access to it.  Here is where it would physically exist in your webapp...

/webapps/mycontext/filename.js

Jake