tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maxime Colas des Francs <max...@sts.ca>
Subject tomcat and external provider
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:46:10 GMT
Hi

I detect a stange comportement of my tomcat when using an external security
provider

I want to use openpgp in my web application with cryptix provider

In a 'load-on-startup' servlet i add security provider like this :

java.security.Security.addProvider(new cryptix.jce.provider.CryptixCrypto());
java.security.Security.addProvider(new
cryptix.openpgp.provider.CryptixOpenPGP());
and i read a public key for future pgp encryption ...

when i start or restart manually tomcat, it works fine .

But when tomcat use its "Servlet Auto Reloader" when i change some code,
it reload my 'load-on-startup' servlet automaticly, add my two provider
like before
and ... crash during public key interpretation and write this in my
catalina.out :

WebappClassLoader:   Resource '/WEB-INF/lib/mylib.jar' was modified; Date
is now: Thu Aug 07 13:41:15 EDT 2003 Was: Thu Aug 07 13:39:04 EDT 2003
WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting
ElGamal/ECB/PKCS#1
  + stack

so if i restart manually tomcat it works again ...

Smby can help me to fix this auto reload ?

thks by advance