tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glenn Parsons <gpars...@1bigthink.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT Minimum Requirements
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:28:19 GMT
At 05:10 PM 8/6/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi, List,
>
>I need to know the minimum requirements in terms of hardware and OS for
>running TOMCAT 4.
>
>Where can I find this information ???
>
>Thanks,

Hello Jose,

That depends upon the application and the number of hits you expect. I can
run on a K6-2-350MHz with 256 MB ram. That is presuming a low number of
hits, though. You can set limits on how many threads the Tomcat server
always maintains and the maximum number it can acheive. This is how you
throttle it to run on virtually any hardware. You can set these parameters
in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.

This is just a start. I am certainly no authority and you'll probably get
some better answers from others, better experienced within this discussion
group.

Cheers!