tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Lowery <Jeff.Low...@creo.com>
Subject How does RMI operation differ when inside Tomcat as opposed to ou tside?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:19:13 GMT
I'm doing a little test program that tests Java Webstart and RMI.  I can
download a webstart client application via Tomcat okay (using an Opera
browser), but when the client launches, it fails to retrieve the "remote"
object through RMI (actually, both are client and server are on localhost).
I'm not getting any error that I can see, but I don't see the remote data,
either. I've tested the RMI stuff outside of Tomcat and it works fine.

I'm pretty green when it comes to web app development, so it wouldn't
surprise me if I'm missing some fundamental clue here. The browser's Java
console isn't telling me a thing, unfortunately.  Are there extra policy
settings I need to make? Do I have to launch the rmiregistry from within the
webserver for it to work properly?