tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [OT] but IMPORTANT
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:59:41 GMT
I read the blurb on the website and apparently it was a deal the Euro
Council struck with the Patent Office - through some political horse
trading, the European Patent Office managed to gain self-regulatory
status on how they develop patent law! They give the patents out, and
then tell the Euro Parliament what patent law to write to justify it.

By the way, you guys have software patents in the US already and in fact
recently some patent court case awarded 0.5 billion against M$ to some
small CA company - who have apparently the patent on 'browser
extensions'. :P