tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject trying to use manager/html app with o.a.catalina.realm.JAASRealm
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:36:47 GMT
I'm using org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm for my authentication for
my webapps, and I have got to the point where I want to use tomcat's
manager and admin app.

Unfortunately when I try to use JAASRealm for the manager,
JAASCallBackHandler throws an exception because it hasn't been given the
username and password.

It is in fact throwing the exception before the user (i.e. me) has even
hit the login button on the basic auth. login form.

It looks like JAASRealm has just not been developed that far yet. Is
this so?

Secondly, how can I configure two realms so that manager can use the
MemoryRealm and my apps can carry on using the JAASRealm?

I can't work out from the docs what exactly I am meant to do. To try to
run both realms, I tried this with no joy:

<!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
      resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
        that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
            available for use by the Realm.  -->
            debug="99" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

<!-- this is the BlackSail realm -->
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
          appName="BlackSailRealm"
   userClassNames="org.blacksail.realm.BlackSailUser"
   roleClassNames="org.blacksail.realm.BlackSailRole"
            debug="0" />

Can anybody help?
Thanks
Adam