tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: RE : Folder Permissions taken over by Tomcat 4
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:37:00 GMT

I still don't believe it.

The reason I don't believe it is simple:  if I change the permissions in
my Context or one of its subdirectories or files to something that
prevents Tomcat from using the resources (JSP file or whatever), Tomcat
does not change the permissions back to what it needs to work, instead
my apps fail and throw errors like crazy.

If Tomcat is doing what you say it is doing, I would never get errors,
because Tomcat would just merrily go around and change permissions on
resources so that it was happy, which is what you say it is doing.

If anything, it isn't Tomcat that's doing it to you...if I had to guess,
it would be samba or something on one of the Windows clients like some
goofy "tool" Microsoft has like a fast indexer or some other munged up
app (much more likely).

John