tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: two ports with apj13
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:26:41 GMT

Hi -

AJP13 doesn't "do" SSL.

You set up multiple ports for a Tomcat Connector in server.xml.  Copy
the one that is already there (CoyoteConnector on port 8009) and change
the port number to whatever you want.

Workers.properties:

# BEGIN workers.properties
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
# END workers.properties

A doc that describes setting up more than one worker is here:
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/

If you want to use SSL, you set this up in Apache...there is no Tomcat
setup if you are using Apache with a connector.  Communications between
Apache and Tomcat via mod_jk or mod_jk2 are "in the clear", that is,
sans SSL.

John