tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: 2 VirtualHosts now work, mod_jk not
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:35:26 GMT
David Wynter wrote:

> Now I am getting somewhere.
>
> I had left out the Directory directives in httpd.conf in my previous post
> because I had editted it from the Tomcat site vhost example, one that had a
> global directive, not for each VirtualHost. I found that the web.xml file
> for the rwsite ahd a different servlet name and thus the catalina.out error.
>
> Now I use a index.html in each of the webapp directories (/se, /rwtransform
> & /rwsite) in each it has a
> onload="location='http://www.domainname.com:8080/webappname/servlet/webappna
> me/templates/index.vm';">
>
> This overcomes the lack of mod_jk working. I'd still like to do away with
> this redirect if I can. Any pointers? I have a feeling it is something to do
> with the JkMount directives, which are redirect everything to Tomcat from
> nmy understanding.

I have no idea why you are trying to do this.  This isn't necessary at all.

Do you understand that your httpd.conf is confused?  You have a URL like:

/webappname/servlet/webappname/templates/index.vm

when it should be:

/webappname/servlet/templates/index.vm

or even better:

/webappname/index.vm

Then you just need to map *.vm in web.xml to your servlet, and your
JkMount would be:

/webappname/*.vm ajp13

>     JkMount /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapp2/se/*  ajp13

This is major confusion for mod_jk.

>     <Location "/rwtransform/WEB-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Location>
>     <Location "/rwtransform/META-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Location>

Ditto...this should be something like "/META-INF" not
"/someDir/META-INF".  the purpose of Alias and DocumentRoot is to get
you away from using absolute paths in places like Location and JkMount.

> I get the feeling no one is reading these, but hopefully some other poor
> soul will find this helpful in the archives.

Are you serious?  Say the word and I'll stop all this typing.

John