tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Starting tomcat from init scripts (HP/UX)
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:23:07 GMT
1 - You classpath is probably wrong - it should be tiny to allow dynamic
classloading so classes may be reloaded
2 - Try using startup.sh, here is an easy way:
cd /bto/appl/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4 && bin/startup.sh
instead of catalina.sh.
3 - Temporarily - hack the startup scripts to print crap to standard out so
you can trap the error messages for more information
4 - There should be error messages somewhere - but do the above since they
can't seem to be found

-Tim