tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Freeing processors
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:17:30 GMT
Yep. Since RH 8 the ps command only shows the main java process. In
previous versions ps showed the parent process and a child process for
each thread the java app spawned. The previous behaviour often lead to
confusion relating to memory assignment so i guess that's why RH changed
it. Personally, I find the change annoying coz it was an easy way to see
how many threads the app had spawned.

Jon