tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: external parameters to tomcat (how?)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:52:52 GMT
erm. can't you just use init parameters in the web.xml: section
SRV.2.3.2 in the servlet 2.3 spec.
If the location is for one servlet use a servlet init param otherwise
use a servlet context init param. In the latter case you can access it
in your servlet by doing (for example):

String value = getServletConfig().getServletContext().
     getInitParameter(KEY_NAME);

If you need to access an external file you can use an init param as a
path to the file.
Then access it using:
standard java io (if file is outside the container)
ServletContext.getResource(...)
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream(...)

HTH,

Jon