tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mourad jaber <>
Subject Re: Hardware and Memory Requirements
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:24:36 GMT
There are no clear responses depending usage of tomcat !
As a production plateform ( linux ), I'm using P4 2.4G with 1Go of ram
and as I'm using a data base on an other machine I don't take care of
the disk size but i't mirrored 18Go SCSI...
As my dev plateform( linux ) is P3 1Go/512Mo of Ram and it is really to
much !
But my webapp is using lot's of memory by formatting on the fly pdf, rtf
and gif files so I set my jvm environement to 512Mo, but basically I
think it set to 128 ( please correct if I'm wrong )...
but I have an other tomcat runing on a shared plateform ( window$ )
with several M$ asp web sites ( about 200000 hits/day ) and my tomcat is
runing well with an isapi filter to work with IIS and it is a bi-P3 Xeon
900Mhz with 2Go of ECC sdram and about 200Go of hard drives... And it
work very well for a year :)

So if it is only to try some basic webapps, don't worry, every today's
hardware configuration is enough to run tomcat ;)