tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <techi...@ait-web.com>
Subject Servlets & JSPs log to different files
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:57:40 GMT
What is standard/recomended approach to getting my servlets and JSPs to log to
the same file.

I am currently using the context logger in server.xml as follows:

<!-- ActionItems Context -->
<Context path="/ai" docBase="ai" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="ai_log."
suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

My JSP logs into /var/log/tomcat/ai_log.2003-08-01.txt
But my servlets log into /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out

Thanks,

* Rick Roberts                            *
* Advanced Information Technologies, Inc. *