tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Jesso" <jje...@global-matrix.com>
Subject running a servlet
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:13:31 GMT
Hi:

I am having trouble executing a servlet under jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18.
 The examples web app that comes with Tomcat works fine.

I created a webapp in conf/server.xml as

<Context path="/jasonTest"
            docBase="jasonTest"
            debug="0"
            reloadable="true" >
                     prefix="jasonTest" suffix=".out"
                  />
        </Context>

Under webapps/jasonTest the directory structure looks like:

neptune:root> ls -lR *
WEB-INF:
total 16
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     software       1024 Aug 01 09:52 classes
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     software        512 Aug 01 09:52 jsp

WEB-INF/classes:
total 8
-rw-r--r--   1 root     software       2102 Aug 01 09:51
HelloWorldExample.class

WEB-INF/jsp:
total 0

images:
total 0

jsp:
total 0

servlets:
total 0
neptune:root>

In my browser I go to "
http://neptune/jasonTest/servlet/HelloWorldExample" and get a page not
found (404).

I am running it on port 80.  The only difference between my webapp and
the "examples" webapp is that I have no "web.xml".

My friend has no problem on his Tomcat server with no web.xml (running
the same version of Tomcat).  He runs servlets without web.xml just fine.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

--
<jason/>