tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bodycombe, Andrew" <>
Subject RE: Problem Generating ID
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:15:04 GMT
You may find the java.text.DecimalFormat class useful.

-----Original Message-----
From: N.B.Bopanna []
Sent: 12 August 2003 10:57
Subject: Problem Generating ID

Hi All,
I am generating a ID to use as primary key in my table with the follwing

double regno = (double)System.currentTimeMillis() * Math.random();

I am getting the result in exponential form (5.797797409006919E11) .

But I do not want the result in exponential form, but like for eg
something like 57977974090069.3219
is there a way out?

Power of Global Information Access...
.. Browser based RCS products.
 Visit us at for an online DEMO of all our web based
 User ID and Password will be available on request.
 PAYMAN		- Payroll Management System
 TRAXX		- Asset Management and Tracking System
 eSHOP          - Online Information and Ordering System
 SALES STREAM   - Sales Force Automation
 CARE           - Call Management System
 DATA MINER	- Query Builder and Report Generator
 Please write to or reply to this mail for further

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message