tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angus Mezick" <amez...@guidestar.org>
Subject RE: TOMCAT x WSAD
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:11:54 GMT
Application is in your root directory?  You docBase seems to think so.
--Angus

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Oscar (Eccox) [mailto:oscar.eduardo@eccox.com.br]
	Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:11 AM
	To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: TOMCAT x WSAD

	Hi, List,

	I'm using WSAD with TOMCAT... When I select 'Run On Server' in the WSAD menu, the TOMCAT
starts in debug mode and the Navigator opens and points to my index.jsp page, for example.
But, I receive the error:

	HTTP Status 404 - /application/index.jsp

  _____

	type Status report

	message /application/index.jsp

	description The requested resource (/application/index.jps) is not available.

  _____

	Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

	Looking in the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml, I find this line:

	<Context docBase="/application" path="/application" reloadable="true" source="application"/>

	And, when I remove the slash in docBase, and then restart TOMCAT, mannualy, everything works
fine...
	This line is created automatically by WSAD in server.xml... Anybody knows why it creates
the line with this error ????

	Thanks,

	PS. In the project properties (WSAD), in the Web section, the 'Context Root' parameter is
'myweb', different from 'application'. WSAD is using the project name instead of context root
for create the line in server.xml...

José Oscar de Souza Eduardo
Coordenador de Projetos
tel: 3047-4541