tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ASET Systems Administrator <r...@aset.com>
Subject Re: Problems build mod_jk on Solaris 9
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:11:00 GMT

> From eric@iCky.org Sun Aug 24 10:54:11 2003
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:51:07 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Eric J. Pinnell" <eric@iCky.org>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>, root@aset.com
> Subject: Re: Problems build mod_jk on Solaris 9
>
> > and I get the error:
> > 	could not find /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
> > 	configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path
>
> Apxs is a perl script.  Make sure that it is finding perl.  Basically make
> sure that apxs is working.

Thanks. I finally figured out that mod_so was not being included in my httpd.

Two things I learned that may benefit others who are as ignorant as I am:
   - you can learn what modules are included in httpd by:
         httpd -l
   - you have to include EVERY configure option every time you rebuild apache -- it doesn't
remember ANYTHING. I built a run-config script to holds all configure options so I never forget
any.

I also discovered one other problem: jni apparently requires that you use the same compiler
to build it as was used to build jdk. On Sun, this means that you must use the /usr/ucb/cc
compiler -- not gcc. Thus, I skipped using jni for now.

Thanks for your feedback. It gave me the brain-joggle I needed to track down the problem!

Jon Kibler