tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Naresh Agarwal <naresh_i...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is there a way to keep the tomcat threads alive?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:07:38 GMT
Hi

How does thread creation/destruction works in Tomcat?

Is the total no. of threads in thread pool maintained by Tomcat varies as load varies?

Does Tomcat destroys threads in the pool, if they are idle for the long time? If yes, is there
way to ensure that Tomcat didn't kill the idle threads, ie., once created, a thread will never
die as long as Tomcat is running?

If I keep Min_processors= Max_processors = 20, then can I assume that Tomcat will always use
20 threads?

thanks,
Naresh Agarwal