tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Wallace" <pwall...@intelematics.com.au>
Subject window close session invalidate
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 23:55:07 GMT
Hi,
	This problem bought to the user list after it became evident it was a configuration issue
and not a development one.
	Can anyone tell me why my session cookie is being invalidated when I close a popup window
(the original remains open), either by window.close(); (Javascript) or the Windows close Ap.
icon on the top right corner? Note: running the app. (and closing the popup) from the same
instance of Tomcat, but from a different terminal does NOT do this! This would imply it is
an IE config issue? Does anyone have any experience of this please?

Thanks

Paul.

where my session was being invalidated
OK, Thanks for that.
	An interesting note however..after some testing, the session is not killed when run from
another terminal i.e running the same instance of TC (same server) but from different terminals.
That would suggest it is an IE configuration issue (at much annoyance to certain developers).
I will at this stage bring this up on the user list!

Thanks

Paul.

i had the same problem with internet explorer. mozilla seems to work
properly.
i tracked the problem down and found out that internet explorer looses
the session cookie when closing the popup browser window.

then i added
     <DefaultContext cookies="false" />
to my virtualhost definition in server.xml to disable the session-cookie
mechanism.
after that everything worked fine for me.
remember to encode all urls with response.encodeURL().

jochen schwörer