tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sekhmet" <sekhmet.sel...@netvisao.pt>
Subject Configuration Error?
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:49:03 GMT
I am really having a bad time using Apache Tomcat for the first time...
But I won't give up... Just need help...
I have a JSP page that works with a javabean (a simple test page), just
look at the code:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>
    <head>
        <jsp:useBean class="mybeans.lineBean" id="bean=" scope="page" />

        <title>Using JavaBeans</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
    </head>

        <%= bean0.stars(20) %>
        Welcome to JavaBeans!
        <%= bean0.doubleLine(30) %>

When I try this page I get the following error:

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unsupported encoding:

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.getReader(ParserController.j
ava:440)

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:
209)

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:210)

	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:548)

	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(J
spServlet.java:176)

	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServle
t.java:188)

	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)

	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)

	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)

	at
erChain.java:193)

	at
e.java:243)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at
e.java:190)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)

	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:246)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
7)

	at
:180)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)

	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)

	at
:170)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)

	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at
java:174)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:1027)

	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1125)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I have this page on Tomcat/ROOT/ directory and the class at
Tomcat/ROOT/WEB-INF/mybeans.

Do I have anything misconfigured? I'm busting my head off since
yesterday over this...

Can anyone help me? Thankx!