tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Don Reese" <drees...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject Where to put js scripts on tomcat server...
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:48:43 GMT
Greetings,

I assume this has been asked before, but I can't seem to track it down in
the archives
or any other document I have found.

I am having trouble inserting a

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"
src="filename.js"></script>

into my HTML output and the browser being able to find the JS file.

I have tried putting the js files into various directories but have not been
successful in find the correct place.

I have tried putting them in the following locations:

webapps/*
webapps/myservlet/*
webapps/myservlet/WEB-INF
webapps/ROOT
webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF

but none of these fix the problem of the missing JS file in the brower.

Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong (I assume that Tomcat can
serve up the JS files just as it can my Image files).

Thanks in advance,

Don Reese