tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject RES: Cookie problem max age problem - Best practice to solve it
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 12:49:14 GMT
Thanks for your attention! The question stays alive because this plugin runs
fine on OC4J(Oracle) environment, but its always a failure on Tomcat env.
Any other help would be appreciated.
Euclides.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: srevilak@g88.net [mailto:srevilak@g88.net]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 31 de julho de 2003 09:32
Para: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Assunto: Re: Cookie problem max age problem - Best practice to solve it

> From: Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ
> Subject: Cookie problem max age problem - Best practice to solve it

> this question is very important to me. My application works with an
external
> authentication app ( like a plugin).When the user is logged, a browser
> cookie is created. The problem stays whenever the user asks for a logout
> process and the external app tries to "kill" its cookie (created before by
> the app), probably setting cookie's max age to 0, i guess. But TomCat
doesnt
> know that this cookie is already killed, because it just fetch the name
and
> value.  So, i would like any tips about best practice on solving this kind
> of problem.

Cookie exchanges fall into one of two categories:

 - what the server sends to the client
 - what the client sends back to the server

Tomcat wouldn't fetch the value; the client's browser sends it.

Setting the max age of a cookie to zero is the proper way to delete a
cookie.  When doing the deletion, are you sure that the name, domain,
and path values are identical to the ones used when the cookie was
initially set?

--
Steve