tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Beech" <a.be...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject JSP seems to be executing twice and we are getting duplicate records in our database
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:45:16 GMT
Hi folks,

We have a weird problem where a JSP seems to be executing twice and we are
getting duplicate records in our database.  The data is coming from a HTML
form and upon submit a subsequent JSP page is called that performs the SQL
insert, etc.  We are also getting duplicate log messages so our initial
conclusion is that it's a Tomcat related issue.

We have tested this with Tomcat 3.3.1, J2SE 1.3.1 and from the client side
using both IE 5.5 and 6.0 and it happens intermittently.

At this stage we have absolutely no idea of what is going on.  Alas I didn't
write the code so I'm not up to speed with its structure, flow or
functionality.

I've searched the list archive and there appears to be several references to
similar problems.  However I am unable to find any real answer to what might
be causing this problem.

Hoping someone out yonder can help.

AB