tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Re: Tomcat Conn Pooling in 4.0.4 - Very Slow?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:51:16 GMT
I am afraid Tomcat 4.0.4 does not have DBCP.

It uses Tyrex instead.
I have found from:  http://tyrex.sourceforge.com/tomcat.html that I should
be using:
tyrex.resource.jdbc.xa.EnabledDataSource

But my .jar file for Tyrex only seems to have:
tyrex.jdbc.xa.EnabledDataSource
so I am using this instead.

I also have a class in my oracle driver's .jar archive called:
oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource.class
and another called:
oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.class

So I might try these also.

I think I have a pdf manual for that Oracle JDBC driver somewhere I'll look
that up.

Have you any thoughts?  Should I install commons DBCP?

Andoni.