tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Re: Tomcat Conn Pooling in 4.0.4 - Very Slow?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:17:56 GMT
Factory?  What is a factory?  What does it look like?

I thought what I had below WAS a factory?  is having DataSource there not
good enough?

What's below is exactly what my Tomcat book has!!

Can you please help?

Andoni..

Thanks in advance.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 5:52 PM
Subject: RE: Tomcat Conn Pooling in 4.0.4 - Very Slow?

Howdy,
I don't see a factory defined in your server.xml, so you're not really
using connection pooling (I think).  You're getting a new conn each
time.

Verify this by logging connection.toString() every time you get one and
watching the memory addresses.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

reloadable="false">
>     <Resource name="jdbc/myname" auth="Container"
>type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/myname">
>      <parameter>
>       <name>driverClassName</name>
>       <value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value>
>      </parameter>
>      <parameter>
>       <name>user</name>
>       <value>myusername</value>