tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject RE: Newbie:web application
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:30:18 GMT

Yoav

Ok, first your webapp folder structure:
Tomcat/webapps/myApp
Tomcat/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/
Tomcat/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/classes/  # ALL class files go here
Tomcat/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/lib/  # All .jar files goes here
Tomcat/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/web.xml  # This is your deployment descriptor
file.

In tomcat if you go to:
Tomcat/conf/ you will find a file called server.xml. Open up this file and
find the area containing the following:

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
<!--
<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
-->

After this you can set the context for your own web-app, for example:
<Context path="/myApp" docBase="myApp" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

Stop and start Tomcat and you should be able to access your application by
going to:
http://localhost:8080/myApp/

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling