tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Tomcat Conn Pooling in 4.0.4 - Very Slow?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:38:18 GMT
Hello,

I have changed my server's connection pooling from the connection pooling software which was
shipped with the application to using the JNDI connection pooling in Tomcat 4.0.4.

The applications database access has slowed down considerably now that this is implemented.
 The parts of the application that don't do database access work fine (or even faster than
the old app.) but those that need to do db access are very slow comparatively.

Is there something I am missing?  Is this what others have found?

My server.xml looks like below:

Thanks,

Andoni.

    <Context path="" docBase="../myfile.war" debug="0" reloadable="false">
     <Resource name="jdbc/myname" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/myname">
      <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
      </parameter>