tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregg Bolinger" <gdbol...@embeddedthought.com>
Subject URI Servlet Path Problems
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:03:50 GMT
I have a web app in the following directory c:\tomcat\webapps\holocron

I have specified my URI to a servlet as
<uri-pattern>/servlet/AddReference</uri-pattern>

And in my form I have action="/servlet/AddReference"

The problem is that when I click the submit button, I am taken to
http://localhost:8080/servlet/AddReference and what it should be is
http://localhost:8080/holocron/servlet/AddReference

So I am getting an error Cannot Find Servlet/Path etc.  Now, if I change
my action to action="/holocron/servlet/AddReference" it works just fine,
but that doesn't make any sense to me.  I have read a bit on the Invoker
Servlet being turned off in Tomcat 4.1.24 but can't really find any good
information on it.  Can someone explain to me what is going on here?

Thanks.

Gregg