tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jørgen Nørgaard <...@smarttv.dk>
Subject Re: Problem building Tomcat Connector mod_jk2.so
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:32:44 GMT
Hello,

Building the connectors are a bit of a struggle, the documentation is
inconsistent and (very) sparse. Which is a pitty because
apache/tomcat are great (and tomcat 3 was so easy to build connectors
for).

That said, I managed to build a mod_jk2 connector using configure in
cd jk/native2/ like:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork

select the proper apxs2 for your mpm model.

A bit of searching located the module in some hidden location:
jk/native2/server/apache2/.libs/mod_jk2.so

Could this be the same for you btw?

At 19:16 +1000 30/07/03, Clive Luk wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am new to the list. Has anybody had problem building mod_jk2.so. I have no
>error message on building mod_jk2.so. But after i finished the following
>steps. I counldn't find and *.so file.
>
>I am useing RedHat 9
>I have installed:
>
>openssl-0.9.7b
>libtool-1.5
>httpd-2.0.47
>j2sdk-1_4_2-linux-i586.bin
>jakarta-tomcat-4.1.26
>
>automake, autoconf, libtool are under /usr/bin
>
>_________steps I used to build mod_jk2.so_________________
>
>#./buildconf.sh
>#./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-tomcat41=/usr/l
>ocal/tomcat --with-java-home=/usr/local/java
>#make
>
>__________________after make command______________________
>#ls ../build/jk2/apache2/*.so
>ls: ../build/jk2/apache2/*.so: No such file or directory
>
>I can only see *.lo and *.o and
>
>../build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.a
>../build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.la
>../build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.lo
>../build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.o
>
>but not mod_jk2.so
>
>PLEASE HELP. I have tried so may different version...
>
>Cheers,
>Clive

/jørgen nørgaard
SmartTV A/S