tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: for my mod_jk : WARP vs AJP13 ???
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:39:34 GMT

Just the opposite: AJP is most definitely preferred over WARP.

Use WARP if you want, but it is currently not actively developed or
supported, and there is no support for it at all planned for Tomcat 5.

Don't get caught up in the auto-generation.  Take it from me, please: if
you have more than one virtual host, you will be better off making the
changes to httpd.conf manually and ignoring the auto-configuration.

The auto-configuration is a convenience, not a requirement.  It isn't
needed for a stable working environment, and once you understand that
changes that are needed, you can make the changes yourself in httpd.conf
faster anyway.

John