tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat4-1, Apache2, jk2 setup problem - help!
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:45:06 GMT

Wait.

ClassNotFoundException != NoClassDefFoundError

They're completely different.  NoClassDefFoundError typically means that
there are multiple copies of a JAR file somewhere, or multiple copies of a
class file, and the one Tomcat expects is not the one it is finding.

Was this a clean install?  Have you changed ANYTHING from the default?
Moved anything, moved any JAR files, tried to install earlier versions or
move an installation from one directory to another?

John