tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: need a working mod_jk2 for RH Apache 2.0.40
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:04:13 GMT

You're right...remove the RPM from RH and install Apache from source.  At
least, that's my advice.  It's absolutely painless, its all in my HOWTO if
you want to try (except for the part on removing the RPM, as I don't do
RPMs in general for msot things):  http://www.johnturner.com/howto  There
is a section for building and installing Apache.

The other alternative, I think, is to instal the Apache source RPM (I think
it is httpd-devel or something), then build mod_jk2 from source.  Or you
can just try building mod_jk2 yourself, its possible all you need is apxs,
which should be somewhere on your system if not under APACHE_HOME.

John