tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Changing URL
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:11:49 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:04:13 -0400, Ruchi Dayal <rdayal@imedx.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I finally succeeded in using Tomcat 4.1 behind Apache 1.3.27 on Win32
> platform.

Congratulations!

> Now I intend to do the following:
>
> I have an application, xyz in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/xyz. I can see this
> from Apache when I type:
>
> http://localhost/xyz
>
> Firstly, does this mean that my HTMLs are being served by Apache and
> JSPs by Tomcat?

The only way to confirm this is to consult your access logs, as both Tomcat
and Apache can serve HTML files.  This is also dependent on your mod_jk
configuration (JkMount in httpd.conf).

> Secondly, is it possible to access the entire application by just the
> following:
>
> http://localhost
>
> That is, I don't want to type xyz anymore in the URL.

See the ROOT Context example in the default server.xml.  Something like:

<Context path="" docBase="xyz">

Should do the trick for you assuming that your webapp is in
CATALINA_HOME/webapps/xyz.

John