tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <>
Subject Re: Changing URL
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:29:12 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:14:34 +0000, Nicolas <> wrote:

>> Firstly, does this mean that my HTMLs are being served by Apache and
>> JSPs by Tomcat?
> not really, this means that if u type /xyz the /xyz folder of tomcat is
> being accessed with all its servlets and static files

That's incorrect.  With mod_jk and mod_jk2, you separate content by URI

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

means Tomcat only serves JSP, not HTML, not GIF< not JPEG.

>> Secondly, is it possible to access the entire application by just the
>> following:
>> http://localhost
>> That is, I don't want to type xyz anymore in the URL.
> sure, use the RewriteEngine of apache

Possible, but not needed.  This can be done with the correct Context entry
in server.xml.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message